Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Almost a year since my last post.

So it has been far too long I have decided since I have posted on here. I have never been much of a blogger, but I am going to try to get back into it again. So to recap my life since I have last posted:

*Spent the Summer at Camp of the Cross
*Had a great Summer at camp
*Went to Lifelight
*Met Tenth Avenue North (great Christian Band)
*Entered into my Senior Year of College
*I am now soon to graduate
*Got a a full time job at a new Church (Lord of Life Lutheran Church)
*Will be leaving the job I am at
*Over all a year full of great memories

So this list may be short, but some big things are happening in it. I will start at the top, I have now worked for 5 years at the Bible camp that I love, and have gone to since I was a kid, it was also my last summer, due to the fact that I now got a full time job. It was time to move on as well.

Meeting Tenth Avenue North was a huge highlight, I also got to sing with them, and a bunch of my friends. T.A.N. is doing this thing where they record their fans singing with them on their new album coming out in August, (my name will be in it!) It was a great day, and a memory I will never forget

I can not believe that I am now a Senior in college, well I only have 11 school days left, so it is practically over, but man has this time gone by so fast! I am very excited to be done with school. I was going to go on to Seminary, but I decided that I need a little bit of a break. This leads me into the next big thing that happened to me this year.

In January I started applying for jobs, most of them were out of state. I was not looking to forward to moving, but it it met that I got a job that would pay back student loans, I had to take it. So, applications, resumes etc went out in the mail. I got lots of calls back, a few interviews, and I landed the job here in town at a church called Lord of Life Lutheran Church. So I am very excited about it, and can not wait to start it. When I started going to Sunday School, it is actually where my parents and I first attended church, so that is neat.
It is sad though to be leaving the church that I am currently at. It will be hard, but I will still have connections with the youth at this church, being that I will still be in the same town. I am excited for the change, and that is the nice thing about my job I think, that I can change work places throughout my career. They main thing I want to do in life is work at a Bible Camp/Open/Create/ my own Bible Camp someday. Outdoor Ministry is my passion, and it is what I truly love to do!

So these have been some big things, and I hope you have enjoyed "catching up" I hope all of you are having a beautiful spring, and God's presence continues to surround all of you! Until next time stay happy and healthy.

Here are some photos to give you some visual.


Friends forever at camp

 Everyone at Lifelight


Mike from Tenth Avenue North


Tenth Avenue North Concert


Graduation Picture


The sign on the door of my new office! 


3 comments:

  1. Can you see the photos I put up? They are not showing up on my computer right now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I cannot see the photos :-(.
      i did enjoy your recap. You are doing exceptional things with your life Janie!! So very happy for you!

      Delete
  2. Renee, I think you can see them now.

    ReplyDelete